If you’re either a realtor or a developer, you’ll want to get acquainted with the most efficient solutions for building functional real estate WordPress websites in order to display your listings in all their glory.
Luckily for you, there are hundreds of easy-to-use plugins out there that can aid you in setting up a professional WordPress website for the properties under your responsibility. All you have to do is pick the right one for your needs and get cracking on digitizing those listings.
With that in mind, over the course of this article we will cover the very best real estate-related plugins, go over their features, and wrap things up with a section solely dedicated to narrowing down your choices depending on your unique needs.
Let’s get started!
is brought to you by , a web development firm that’s been focusing solely on real estate online solutions since 2007. The team began their career with products built on top of the and only recently switched their efforts towards WordPress.
In addition to its comprehensive list of features (listed below), WPL Real Estate is complemented with a dedicated support team, which has a thus far when it comes to resolving public threads on their main page. For simpler issues, the development team also provides and a .
- Enables you to add properties with a simple “Add Listing” wizard. Users and secondary agents can also add listings if you choose to allow it.
- Automatically hides fields without any information on your listings.
- Multiple listing, room, and property types (i.e. for sale, for rent, houses, offices, apartments, etc.) are available to categorize your listings and enable users to narrow down their choices.
- Users can search properties using a list of criteria, such as states, cities, and zip codes. The list of available criteria for searches can be determined by the administrator.
- Search results are displayed on Google Maps.
- Enables visitors to switch between two display modes when browsing through properties: lists or grids.
- By default, listings can be shared through Facebook, Twitter, or email.
If you want to see the plugin in action, you can check out a . Realtyna also offers a for $199, which comes with a theme tailor-made for real estate sites.
is an open-source plugin designed to help you integrate a fully-featured real estate listing system within any theme of your preference.
This plugin is the brainchild of , a web development company that offers a variety of solutions for real estate agents and brokers, ranging from simple themes to bespoke installations.
- Enables you to establish your own listing taxonomy or stick with the default ones (status, property types, location, and features).
- Showcase your star properties with a “Featured Listings” widget which can be customized to your liking.
- Includes a huge selection of custom data fields right from the get go, ranging from the usual (price and address) to the smallest of details (virtual tours, kitchen summaries, school and neighborhood info, etc.).
- Fully responsive.
If you want to check out a listing powered by the plugin, you can find a .
As we previously mentioned, this is an open-source plugin, and as such, interested developers are free to contribute to the WP Listings project through its .
is a comprehensive real estate plugin that’s designed to work with most themes without too many hiccups. The plugin also includes several templates that will enable you to have a site up and ready-to-go in record time.
- Includes a “Theme Compatibility Mode” that minimizes errors with most themes. However, there’s also a Manual Theme Setup option available for those who want to get their hands dirty and really customize the look and feel of their listings.
- Comes with support for multiple listing types (rentals, plots of land, offices, etc.) and pricing options (no price, price on application, auction, and under offer).
- Supports multiple currencies and locations, which makes it perfect for international listings.
- Fully integrated with Google Maps in order to display accurate property locations.
- Users can make appointments for inspections through an integrated calendar.
- Optional search widget available with customizable search fields for easier browsing.
On top of all the features available for free with the installation of Easy Property Listings, the developers also offer a , including sliders, advanced mapping functions, one-click printable brochures, and an option for users to subscribe to listings.
For a first-hand look at some live websites built using Easy Property Listings, you can check out .
is a new arrival to the field of real estate WordPress plugins, and it still has a relatively low number of installs and reviews. That being said, we’re sure that over time this plugin will carve a nice little niche for itself within the market, considering its many features and overall polish.
- An emphasis on a clean interface and visuals, as well as being fully responsive.
- Developed to be compatible with most themes out there, which allows for a high level of customization. However, it also comes with its own custom themes.
- Enables you to customize every field within your listings.
- As the administrator, you can enable front end property management and designate agents who can modify the listings.
- Includes several widgets such as advanced search, map view, and slideshows.
- Users can share links to properties via Facebook, Twitter, Google+, and LinkedIn.
Aside from its free offering, Estatik is also available in two premium packages: ($59) and ($79).
You can also check out over ten real estate websites built using Estatik by visiting their .
Our final pick is another newbie to the arena. was launched just a few months ago, but it already has thorough documentation in place and enough features to duke it out with more established plugins.
On top of the regular features that most real estate developers offer, the team behind Realia also boasts an iOS application called . This app enables companies or agents to launch their own branded apps without any advanced coding knowledge.
- Adding new listings is simple, and as the administrator, you can empower agents to add listings themselves.
- Includes supports for multiple agencies within a single website, as well as the option to assign agents between them.
- Offers integrated Google Maps support in order to visualize the location of every property.
- Enables you to charge users for certain services.
While Realia can be configured to work with any theme, the team behind the plugin also offers on their homepage, all of which were designed with real estate agencies in mind.
How to Choose the Best Real Estate Plugin for You
All the plugins listed here have their own particular strengths, even if they do share some features that are common to real estate websites. That being said, our goal in this section is to help you figure out which would be the best for your individual case.
If you’re not exactly sure where you should begin, we would recommend WPL Real Estate. It’s got ample documentation, a support team that stays on top of questions, and a premium version that you can opt in if you want additional features.
If you have your heart set on a specific WordPress theme but are scared of potential compatibility issues, arguably no plugin handles these better than Easy Property Listings, with their custom-made compatibility mode. Easy Property Listings is also a fantastic choice for those agents who want to enable their customers to schedule appointments online and thus reduce time spent on the phone. Finally, they offer support for multiple currencies and locations, which makes it a good pick for listing international properties.
If you like peeking behind the curtains to look at the underlying code of the plugins you use, WP Listing’s GitHub repository is open to the public, allowing you to see exactly what you’re getting when installing it.
Finally, if the idea of launching your own real estate app for iOS sounds appealing to you (as it should!), you might want to look into Realia. Even though the iOS app package is separate from the plugin, you’ll want to maintain a uniform look between both versions of your listings.
Real estate is a tough market to break into, but it can also be hugely profitable. An elegant and effective website will help you get a leg up over your competition, whether you’re an up-and-coming agent or a developer fattening up his portfolio.
If you’re ready to try your hand, all you need to do to get started is:
- pick whichever plugin fits your needs the best (don’t forget to look through their features!),
- set it up, and
- start uploading your listings!
Once you’re done with that, you can sit back and start thinking up jokes for your Realtor of the Year acceptance speech.
Do you have any experience with real estate plugins? Share your thoughts with us in the comments below!
Article thumbnail image by leosapiens / shutterstock.com